Local 727 Bargaining Committee Recommends Contract for Ratification
The Teamsters Local 727 Bargaining Committee and Osco management returned to the bargaining table July 28, and after an 11-hour mediation session, reached a tentative agreement on a new three-year contract for more than 500 Chicago-area pharmacists.
“Although we didn’t get everything we wanted, economically this is a richer contract than the last contract,” said John T. Coli, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 727. “During these negotiations, the Union made strides toward improving working conditions with the pharmacists, and we were able to secure a freeze for HRA healthcare contributions for the first time in the history of this contract.”
The tentative agreement addresses issues most important to the pharmacists. Tentative agreements include the following:
- A freeze in employee contributions for the HRA healthcare plan
- Pharmacists will receive a $1.30/hour wage increase in year 1 of the contract, $1.30 in year 2 and $1.40 in year 3.
- Wage increases are retroactive to May 8, 2016.
- Full-time pharmacists will receive a $750 lump sum bonus in years 2 and 3; part-time pharmacists who work more than 20 hours per week will receive a $500 lump sum bonus in years 2 and 3; and part-time pharmacists who work less than 20 hours per week will receive a lump sum bonus of $250 in years 2 and 3.
- Head Pharmacists will not be disciplined for prescription accuracy incidents caused by other employees.
- Beginning 90 days after date of ratification, the company will provide coverage for pharmacists’ personal days up to five such requests per calendar day, excluding contractual holidays.
The contract must now go to a member vote, which again will be conducted via mail ballot. The Local 727 Bargaining Committee has voted to recommend the contract for ratification.
The union will continue to update Osco pharmacists throughout the voting process. If you have questions, contact your Local 727 business representative, Zach Frankenbach, at (847) 696-7500 or [email protected].