Funeral directors and embalmers can register for Teamsters Local 727’s continuing education seminar, which will be held noon-6 p.m., Wednesday, July 13 at the local union’s meeting hall in Park Ridge.
The program is free for members in good standing. For licensees who are not members, the cost is $25 for each CE hour. Check-in will begin at 11 a.m., and lunch and refreshments will be provided. Funeral professionals can earn up to six CE credits.
Registration forms must be received by Monday, July 11. Space is limited, so registration will be filled in the order it is received. There will be no on-site registration. Forms can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Teamsters Local 727
1300 W. Higgins Road, Suite 111
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Fax: (847) 720-4984
The program will feature expert speakers on the following topics:
- Noon-1 p.m.: Funeral Home Business Law Needs: Real Estate and Incorporation, John Sloan of Illinois Advocates (one hour of Funeral Directing CE credit)
- 1-2 p.m.: Depiction of Symbols on Headstones, author and tour guide Ursula Bielski (one hour of Funeral Directing CE credit)
- 2-3 p.m.: Exploring Pet Funerals for the Families We Serve, Jon Remkus of Hinsdale Pet Cemetery (one hour of Funeral Directing CE credit)
- 3-4 p.m.: Autopsies After Surgeries Gone Wrong, Dr. Ben Margolis of The Autopsy Center (one hour of Embalming CE credit)
- 4-5 p.m.: Correcting Cosmetic Pitfalls for Various Modes of Death, Rick Rork of Pierce Chemical Company (one hour of Embalming CE credit)
- 5-6 p.m.: Various Techniques and Fluid Combinations for Embalming Difficult Cases (one hour of Embalming CE credit)
The union certifies attendance for the continuing education hours for the Illinois Division of Professional Regulation (IDPR) and maintains those records. Teamsters Local 727 has been an approved continuing education sponsor for the IDPR since 1998.
Teamsters Local 727 represents about 500 funeral industry professionals throughout the Chicago area.